Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lineolum Heart Card (Good Deeds/Paying it Forward/Random Acts of Kindness)



 
My Gift
 
 
I selected my friend Jesus as the recepient of my lineolum heart card.  He has been my friend since I was in elementary school.  I know other people since my childhood but Jesus has always been someone I can depend on with advise and friendship.  Since we started high school together this year I feel confident to face this new experience knowing that my friend is here too.  Jesus was very surprised to receive my gift he thought I was joking in the beginning but then he began to express his graditude for our friendship....
 
This is the first time that I have made a gift for someone.  Also this is the first time I have used lineolum and printmaking as an art form.  I am looking forward to making more lineolum blocks in the future on a larger scale.  I was a little apprehensive about giving Jesus my gift but I was suprised how good I felt after giving this card to my friend.  The day seemed to feel brighter and I wanted to continue my kindness to others...
 
Example of a 2 paragraph narrative above.
 
Narrative Essay components:
---essay must include a photo of your recepient.
--discuss why you choose your recepient (friendship, love, acknowledgement, apology, reward, just because)
--discuss how your recepient responded and any surprises that you experienced during the gift giving
--discuss what you learned about yourself that you were not expecting
--what are the benefits of expressing kindness with "little" gifts
 --100 pts.
--2 paragraphs (10) sentences. At least (5) sentences per paragraph
 
grading scale:
100-93=  A
92-85= B
84-77 = C
76-69= D
68--  =   F
 
***FAILURE TO DO THE FINAL EQUALS MINUS (1) GRADE POINT
 
 
 
Lineolum Card (100- points)
 
-craftsmanship 40%
Design             40%
materials and application 20%
 
Lineoleum block (100 points)
2 Paragraph essay (typed) with photo of recepient (100 points)
 
300 pts. total.
 
 
Block: 3"X3" CARVING BLOCK
 
-CHOOSE A DESIGN FROM THE INTERNET OR THIS BLOG
-craftsmanship 40%
-Design idea     40 %
-materials and application 20%
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment