Sunday, August 30, 2015
ART GRADING SYSTEM
"How We Talk About Art"
"FORM & CONTENT"
FORM (designing, what you use)
Elements and Principles of Design:
Elements: line, form, shape, space, value, color, texture
Principles: movement, contrast, pattern, emphasis, unity, rhythm, balance
CONTENT (what it means, what it's about, ...)
What you are trying to say, define, and redefine includes:
Personal stories, nostalgia (specific times, memories), Historical events, Influences- Art Historical, Art movements & periods (Modern Art, Abstract art...), Artists, popular culture, spirituality, religion, World History, Anti-war, feminism, equal rights
pencil, color pencil, pastel, chalk, acrylic/oil paint, watercolor, fibers (yarn, raffia),clay,
paper making, photography, technology, video, performance art/conceptual art
RUBRIC: 4, 3, 2, 1
1. _____Respectful to teacher and fellow students.
2._____Respectful and appropriate use of class art materials and tools.
3. ____Clean up on time independently, without being reminded. Assist colleagues and teacher
with maintenance of the classroom.
4. ____Clear understanding of assignments and projects-ability to follow guidelines.
5. ____Clear use of elements and principles of design for each project. (Form)
6.____"Content"-clear vision and explanation of assignment-verbally and in written content.
7.____Concern for craftsmanship, neatness, value of the art project.
8. _____Allowing for "time" for the best results-refrain from rushing through work.
Grade Scale for Rubric Grade Scale 100 pt. System
4--A 100-90= A
3--B 89-80= B
2--C 79-70= C
1--D 69-60= D
*assign a number from 4-1 for each of the 8 items- divide the total by 8 to receive grade results.
ie: if your total was 24-divide by 8 = 3 (B)